Prophet Muhammad continues his outreach to foreign leaders, sending messengrs to the Persian emperor Khosrow II and the Coptic ruler Muqawqis of Alexandria.
The outreach teaches us:
– Islam was always meant to be globalized, not just for the Arabs. We need to also think deeply about how to universalize the messaging
– The way people respond to the Prophet had an impact on their dunya and akhira
– The prophet addresses world leaders with their respective titles. This is part of the etiquette of dialogue.
– Even when people are tyranical rulers, it doesn’t give us the right to be abusive (especially when we’re unprovoked). Even Musa was instructed to speak gently to Feron
– Communicate using simple language and get to the point. The letters were short and succinct.
– Customize your communication to cater to your audience
Podcast version: podcast.lifeofprophetmuhammad.com